The Health Information Technology (HIT) Implementation Specialist will have responsibility for managing Clinical applications and integrated practice management and electronic health record system implementations and ongoing support both at Altamed FQHC clinics and IPA provider offices. This includes but is not limited to support FQHC clinics to implement new workflows or HIT applications. Support IPA medical offices, as needed, during the acquisition of new EHR in performing workflow analysis, working closely with the practice and vendor-assigned project manager to coordinate implementation activities, assisting IPA medical practices with set-up decisions based on product knowledge and network experience. Support IPA offices in the optimization of their current EHR to maximize its use to improve quality, data capture and data submission. In addition to system implementation, position will be responsible for collaborating with TTU and QPID for on-going training and quality-related programs customized to fit the needs of each medical clinic, as well as, coordinating IPA network level training programs as needed.
1) Support IPA provider offices during their EHR acquisition process:
a. Coordinate all aspects of system implementation, working closely with the vendor and health center project team.
b. Perform business and clinical workflow analysis for implementing medical practices and make informed recommendations regarding the most effective, efficient use of product features to fit their needs within the confines of any network standards that are established.
c. Provide Electronic Health Record implementation guidance and support for other contracted clients.
d. Organize and convene regular workgroup meetings throughout implementation and post go-live to present and review project activities, establish deadlines and keep project on track.
2) Support IPA provider in their optimization efforts of their EHR to improve quality and efficiency, increase data capture and improve quality-related data submission.
a. Work closely with the medical office to identify areas of improvement. b. Perform clinical workflow analysis and make informed recommendations regarding the most effective, efficient use of product features to improve quality, efficiency and data capture and submission to AltaMed clinical depository.
c. Support medical practice in the implementation of revised workflows
3) In collaboration with TTU, support the development of job specific training manuals to be used during staff training for each IPA medical office implementation and ongoing support.
4) Support FQHC clinics during the implementation and optimization of new workflows and new HIT applications and processes
a. Work closely with AltaMed medical and dental sites to identify areas of improvement.
b. Perform clinical workflow analysis and make informed recommendations regarding the most effective, efficient use of product features.
c. In collaboration with TTU, Support AltaMed medical and dental sites in the implementation of revised workflows
5) In collaboration with TTU, support Medical Practices Staff training:
6) Maintain knowledge base for State and Federal incentive programs that medical practices are eligible to apply for.
7) Maintain knowledge base of recent and planned product development and communicate such to members regularly.
8) Perform all assignments within the deadlines set and regularly communicate the status of various projects to the CI team.
9) Assist in coordinating and maintaining a record of product deficiencies and development requests at the network level.
10) Perform all other duties as assigned or required.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required coupled with a minimum of 3 years of EHR support experience
2. Previous EHR application experience required
3. NextGen Certified Professional (within 1 year of Initial hire);
4. Familiarity with process improvement techniques such as LEAN, six Sigma, API, etc a plus