The position shall be responsible for the general oversight and management of nursing and clinical support services at all AltaMed Primary Care Clinics. The position shall provide leadership for nursing and clinical support functions while working collaboratively with the Administrative and Medical Leadership Teams. The position plays an integral role in the TRIAD Leadership Model along with the Regional Medical Director and Associate Vice President/Director of Clinic Operations. The TRIAD shall be accountable for regional quality, patient satisfaction, patient safety, and financial goals. The position shall also be responsible for developing and implementing quality, cost-effective, efficient processes for standardization and clinic operations. The incumbent shall be responsible for training and implementing processes to ensure clinical staff is competent and skilled to provide quality patient care. The position shall support patient centered care, quality and coordination of care goals, and excellent patient satisfaction.
1. Manage all aspects of ambulatory nursing care (i.e., provide clinical support to all AltaMed Medical groups, ensuring that all
policies, safety protocols, Guidelines and facility requirements are met).
2. Assist with the recruitment of nursing leadership and responsible for Human Resource practice of hiring, performance
coaching (PIP), and termination of clinical nursing leadership in collaboration with Clinic Administrators and Site Medical
3. Manage, coordinate, and run regional nursing float pool to meet clinic staffing needs.
4. In collaboration with the Nurse Educator, responsible for identification, development and implementation of skills
competencies for all nursing staff in the clinics setting. Help lead/train nursing managers/supervisor/licensed nursing staff.
5. Support the clinical leadership nursing team’s staffing as necessary, responsible for clinic efficiency and ensures all
implemented process improvements/ projects or initiatives are compliant and maintained.
6. Coordinate with the Site Medical Director and site clinical nursing leaders with planning and implementation of medical
services. Responsible for evaluation of site performance improvement initiatives, including but not limited to:
a. Advanced Access: a multidisciplinary team has been formed and regular meetings are held
b. Quality Program: HEDIS scores are improving and processes are in place to support improvement.
c. Customer Service: Press Ganey, AIDET, ALTA validation. Responsible for implementation, evaluation, and
improvement of patient satisfaction measures.
7. In collaboration with Regional Medical Directors and Operations Leadership, responsible for coaching and developing staff in
support of technical and professional growth. In collaboration with the AVPs of Clinic Operations, assist, and collaborate with
developing operational and capital budgets for the clinics.
8. Develop and implement approved operational and nursing policies and procedures to ensure patients, providers, and
employees’ satisfaction while promoting safety and retention.
9. Collaborate with other disciplines (e.g., Infection Control, Patient Safety) in providing quality care and compliance with state
and federal laws and programs.
10. Support regulatory audit activities in collaboration with Clinic Leadership, Medical Management, Quality and Compliance
Department. Develop and implement corrective actions plans for areas of responsibility.
11. Work with clinical nursing leadership to meet goals & objective for the strategic plan of the organization. Participate in
enterprise strategic planning and ensure communication and expectation setting to staff.
12. Ensure timely and accurate submission of all encounter data to the appropriate functional departments.
13. Work collaboratively with the VP of Health Services in planning and implementing standardized clinic processes.
14. Responsible for planning, implementing, and training of back office staff in the acquisition of new medical groups.
15. Identify areas of improvement for the clinical back office; develop and implement processes that support data collection,
aggregation, analysis, and action planning. Ensure proper data management and analysis and implementation of
continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities as identified.
16. Serve as a liaison between operations and other departments to improve care coordination and patient’s satisfaction.
17. Responsible for ensuring nursing policies and procedures are current and properly communicated to all back office staff
and procedures are performed within the scope of nursing practice.
18. Support clinic through put and ensure patient flow is efficient and safe and compliant with established company thresholds.
19. Ensure accountability and standardization of nursing practice for the all clinical back office team’s performance measures
20. Follows the Triad Leadership Model with the Regional Medical Directors and Regional Clinic Operations. Meet as a triad at a
minimum of once a month to improve communication.
21. Ensure compliance and scope of practice as established by the California Nursing Practice Act and Board of Registered
22. Perform all other related duties as assigned.