Under the direction of the AVP of Patient Care Services, the Dental Services Specialist has clinical oversight of the Dental Services in collaboration with the Dental Services Operation leadership. This position will support the training and education of new back office dental staff specific to dental protocols, procedures and practices, equipment usage, instrumentation by sterilizing, and infection prevention and surveillance activities. The Dental Services Specialist collaborates in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of the Dental back office operations including preparation for new start up dental
clinics surveys and audits.
a. Acquisitions of new and existing dental sites
b. Expansion of current dental sites
11. In collaboration with the Supervisor of Infection Prevention and Control, this individual is responsible for the
development of a Dental Infection Control and Surveillance Plan and Risk Assessment based on the individual clinics and
programs risks profiles.
12. Responsible for the implementation of the Dental Infection Control and Surveillance Plan for the dental clinics which
includes, but is not limited to:
a. Surveillance activities to minimize reduce or eliminate risk, such as the use of standard precautions and personal
protective equipment (PPE).
b. Proper cleaning, disinfection and sterilization of dental supplies and devices.
c. Storing dental equipment, devices and supplies.
d. Disposing of infectious and hazardous waste.
13. Assist the Supervisor of Infection Prevention and Control in conducting suspected dental outbreaks investigation in the
dental clinics and initiates infection control measures
14. Collaborates with the Supervisor of Infection Prevention and Control, and other disciplines in reporting infections to local,
state and federal public health authorities in accordance with law and relation.
15. Assist in the communication of infection prevention and control activities to dental providers, staff, visitors, patients, and
16. Collects and monitors hand hygiene data for dental clinics and ensures employee compliance.
17. Prepares monthly statistical information for presentations at the Infection Control Committee meetings.
18. Collaborates with the Supervisor of Infection Prevention and Control in the implementation of the Joint Commission
Infection Control Chapter requirements and NPSG Goal 7.
19. Participates in budget planning for dental office equipment, instrument and infection control requirements.
20. Other duties as assigned.