Responsible for administrative and business management of the PACE Rehabilitation departments including the planning, implementing and improving of rehabilitation services with an emphasis on providing quality patient care. Supports the administrative leadership team, in recruitment, hiring and onboarding of Rehab specialists (Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy). Providing clinical leadership to train, coach, and develop rehab personnel along with Center Manager and/or Supervisor assigned to the team that add value and are aligned with organizational performance and quality measures. Rehabilitation Manager is responsible for the overall clinical activities of the Rehab department focusing on providing quality patient care in PACE settings.
Clinical Support - 60%
1. Responsible for ensuring teaching, coaching, training and assessment of clinical competencies to the rehabilitation staff to continuously improve clinical, financial and service outcomes.
a. Ensures Rehabilitation staff provides the highest quality of care and in compliance with the California Board of Speech-language pathology, Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy Board of California, federal, state and local requirements.
2. Develops, implements, audits and communicates clinical practice and policies and procedures for best practices, evidence based practice standards, and evaluates Rehab personnel at each PACE location (PT, OT, PT and OT Aides).
a. Utilizes quality improvement tools to collect, analyze, interpret, and display data that showed improved processes and patient care and reports during Quality Management meetings.
3. Maintains own clinical awareness and competencies as required by the department in order to assure competency of staff and mentor staff to improve clinical performance and problem-solving skills.
4. Collaborates with the Center Manager and/or Supervisor assigned to the team by responding and resolving patient care issues.
5. Collaborates with other disciplines as needed and acts as resource to Interdisciplinary teams across the program.
Workforce Support - 30%
6. Contribute in the recruitment, screening and hiring of Rehab staff to ensure clinical competence, as needed by Center leadership.
7. Assesses and maintains a Rehab staffing plan that efficiently and effectively utilizes the appropriate resources ensuring competency, skill mix and adequate number of staff.
8. Manages clinical orientation/onboarding for Rehab department (PT, OT, PT and OT Aides). Works collaboratively with AltaMed University, Technical Training University and Human Resources personnel to assure orientation and onboarding for PACE staff is timely, appropriate and comprehensive to meet the needs of the PACE program.
9. Provides functional and technical rehab consultation to Center Managers and/or Supervisor assigned to the team. Acts as subject matter expert in the development of performance and/or behavioral improvement plans.
10. Seeks out opportunities to build relationships with functional managers and other people resources who can contribute to the success of department's initiatives. Identifies opportunities to improve service delivery and/or program growth.
11. In collaboration with clinical informatics is to develop, improve, oversees training and monitor clinical workflows for efficiency, quality and satisfaction.
12. Coordinate, manage and evaluate student/intern placement with corresponding schools, universities as needed. (i.e. OT fieldwork)
Administrative - 10%
13. Acts as an administrative liaison and resource with corporate support departments and assists with regulatory management, including compliance in all areas of PACE rehab services including equipment and patient safety, performance against national benchmarks and established service standards, and preparing the necessary Corrective Action Plan (CAP) as needed and in a timely manner (JACHO; CMS; DHCS; AltaMed).
14. Serves a leadership role in regulatory audits for both preparation and as a subject matter expert to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements.
15. Participates in developing, monitoring and revising department policies and procedures consistent with current standards of practice.
16. Determining rehab equipment needs and specifications consistent with program needs and budget in collaboration with center leadership.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned.