The Grant Writer II will report directly to the Director of Development. (S)He will identify and respond to corporate and foundation, coordinate and manage the internal application process, and proactively seek new agencies and sources for funds. (S) He will communicate with official officers at the corporate and private foundations and be responsible for facilitating connections between these officers and program staff with appropriate content knowledge.
In addition the Grant Writer II will assist the Director of Development in expanding the private sector development department, including cultivation and follow up with donors, drafting grant proposals, report, and correspondence to donors, and conducting prospect research on foundations and corporations.
Research and Cultivation
1. Identify and research availability of public funds, in response to program needed as anticipated by programstaff.
2. Proactively research New sources of public revenue
3. Conduct prospect research on foundations and corporations
4. Analyze fit between funder, AltaMed, and the project to be funded. Recommend strategies for each funder, including
preparing reports and developing talking points for the Director of Development, AVP Development and the President/CEO
5. Communicate regularly with AltaMed’s current contracts and grants officers and inform relevant program Staff as
6. Servers as primary liaison with public funder point of contact as we are responding to foundations, working to schedule
negotiations, seeking feedback on proposals etc.
7. Coordinate public and private application activities, including planning, writing, document gathering, internal and external
communications and final submissions.
8. Serve as primary writer and editor for public and private RFP applications, working with relevant programstaff.
9. Work with financial staff and relevant program staff to develop accurate budget information to all public and private RFP
10.Supervise final production, ensuring relevant attachments are included, oversee and implement mailing and/or electronic
submission of proposals.
11.Work with development staff to develop PowerPoints and other materials, as needed for President, Vice Presidents,
presenting about AltaMed projects.
12.Communicate with Grant/Contract point of contact, in conjunction with Project Director/Program Staff, as appropriate, and
ensure reports are submitted in a timely manner.
13.Maintain a schedule of interim and final reports to funding agency, as requested by funder.
14.Develop list of funding requirements that impact grant compliance, and coordinate with AltaMed’s Compliance department
regarding submitted and approved grant funding proposals.
Records and Filing Requirements
15.Work to ensure all contracts and grant files are updated and accurate.