Under the direction of the Manager of the Technical Training Unit (TTU), The Health Information Technology Trainer II is responsible for training end users on AltaMed technical/clinical systems and applications, included but not limited to Ambulatory Electronic Health Records (EMR), Managed Care Referral System, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Interactive Intelligence (ININ), and other technical systems. This position is responsible for the validation and training of workflows for AltaMed staff on new or updated core software products targeting a variety of audiences (Medical Assistants, Nurses, Physicians, Dentists, etc. for Medical and Dental Front/Back Office, Health Information Management, Contact Center and corporate business units.) Trainers will be responsible for training staff and creating training materials including but not limited to: Instructor guides, practice books, user guides, PowerPoints, training environment, and additional supplemental materials. During any clinical system implementation, this position will also be responsible for completing assigned tasks within the implementation project scope.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned and must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with AltaMed’s Standards of Behavior.
Other Job Duties:
21. Serves as a liaison with Clinical Informatics and IS Department to address technical support issues and questions as it relates to
training of clinical systems and provides feedback on clinical template design as needed.
22. Assesses end-user system proficiency and partners with Health Information Technical Training Instructional Designers to develop
and update evaluation tools based on teamfeedback for subject retention and ROI analysis.
23. Continuously assesses training needs to increase job proficiency and/or improve team work and daily operations.
24. Collects "service level" data on how long it takes to teach providers and staff to perform clinical system application
25. Assists in the development of plans to monitor data and quality post go-live, collaborate with administrators and clinicians to
achieve data quality goals.
26. Partners with Technical Training Manager and/or Training Coordinator to create and maintain training calendar.
27. Assists Technical Training Manager with organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling training classes and work assignments
28. Supports other Health Information Technical Training Specialists as needed with training classes and projects.
29. Serves as a resource for the Technical Training team, and leads by example.
30. Performs other related duties asassigned.