Under the direction of the Development Annual Fund Director, this position uses social media, web sites and email campaigns to engage, recruit, and retain donors. To achieve these goals, the Specialist, Digital Marketing creates and executes effective content delivery tactics. The Digital Marketing Specialist is a multi-dimensional role, supporting the Development department with strategy and tactical implementation of digital projects including but not limited to: websites, events, online fundraising, email marketing, social media, online ads, and other online tools. The position plays a critical role working closely with the Annual Fund Director and other members of the team to understand the vision and strategies for their respective programs, supporting their efforts and making digital recommendations based on data and analysis. This position manages consultants and contractors, including PR Firms, to ensure all Development activities are supported at a high level. The Specialist, Development content is responsible for analyzing effectiveness and developing strategies to increase efficiency and effectiveness of their principal responsibilities.
1. Create and manage digital media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
a. Develop relevant content topics to reach the company’s target audience.
b. Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
c. Monitor, listen and respond to users in a "Social" way while cultivating leads and donors.
d. Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
e. Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, etc.).
f. Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
g. Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
2. Manage websites with day-to-day updates.
3. Manage design and execution of email communication across the department.
4. Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
5. Plan and execute comprehensive digital marketing campaigns. Drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics.
6. Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
a. Experience utilizing databases and ability to learn new ones as required.
7. Implement ongoing education to remain highly effective.
8. Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on
effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
9. Other duties, as assigned.